Friday, January 20, 2006

OHM

I started a yoga class this week. My flexibility is somewhat embarrassing, but that’s part of the reason I’m taking it – to turn my non-flexible self into a bendy pretzel type. I really enjoyed the class. That is until the end when we had to all collectively do the "OHM" chant. Has anyone ever experienced this? You are supposed to "resonate" or some shit like that. It felt like singing to me and I couldn't find the right tone because I? CANNOT sing. I am tone deaf. And I’m here to tell you that being tone deaf does not mesh well with resonating. What I felt like was one of the American Idol contestants that even Paula can't find something nice to say about. So, I did what any good yoga student would do – I faked it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

How can you attain enlightenment if you don't chant "OM"?

Or have pudding!

;)

1/20/2006 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home