Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Happy Lost Day!

Have I shared with y'all how much I love TV? Sad, but true. I HATE to miss my favorite shows.

My love for TV is not new. When I was younger, I couldn't wait for the new Saturday morning cartoon season to start. No seriously, I loved cartoons. It was like, an event.

[Warning: extreme dorkiness ahead]

I used to wait for the TV guide to come - the one that would have all of the new Saturday morning cartoons in it. And I would search through it seeing what new cartoons I wanted to watch, what time my old favorites were on that year, what conflicted with what (oh no!) and through this I would plan my entire morning out. I watched cartoons from 6:00 or 7:00 in the morning until noon when Soul Train would come on. (Oh, and if you're wondering - and I know you are on the edge of your seats - my all time favorite cartoons were the Smurfs & the Muppet Babies. Oh yea. Good times.)

[Which, what's up with Saturday morning cartoons these days? There are none. Well, there are a few, but the selection is slim. Not that I look or care. I mean, come on, I'm 27. Like I would want to watch Saturday morning cartoons. Please.]

Anyways.

I HATE to miss my favorite TV shows. And thanks to my new best friend DVR (which is like Tivo, but without the fun name or cute little TV mascot thingy) I never have to again. We've had DVR for awhile now, but my love for it is so grand I had to share it with y'all (I'm not sure what's with the y'all's today. It's possible that I was body snatched by Britney Spears in my sleep last night. Come to think of it I have been craving Cheetos all morning and I even had the urge to put my hair up in a messy ponytail on top of my head, but (thank God) it was to short.) So, back to the greatness that is DVR. Well, really, that's it. DVR is awesome & I love it & you would have to pry it from my cold dead hands if you tried to take it away from me.

Oh, and don't forget to watch Lost tonight (Jolie are you listening?!?) because it rocks & gets the coveted #1 spot on my list of favorite TV shows.(I'm not actually certain who covets that spot, per se, but it's coveted. Oh it's coveted.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

since i was mentioned in your blog (that may have been the closest i'll get to being famous) i feel the need to comment...
i promise to watch lost tonite, but first i need to watch last week's episode which we also dvr'd so i may remain a week behind meaning we'll have to talk about things other than lost...
which reminds me, have you watched the extras yet????

11/16/2005 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home