Thursday, December 8, 2005

I'm baaack!

Did you miss me? No? Well, fine, be that way!
But, seriously - I've been really swamped at work and I have not had much time to write. Why didn't I just write from home you ask? Wait for it - I don't have a computer at home. There I said it. Yes, I do realize this is the 21st century and all. I will let you in on one of my other dirty little secrets - I just got a cellphone 4 months ago. Yeah, I know me & your grandma were like the only two people left in the USA without one. What? Your grandma got one two years ago? Ok, fine I am slow with the whole technology thing. There - now you know. Don't judge me.

Thanksgiving was great - I got to see my grandparents who I hadn't seen in forever (my grandma made a whole apple pie just for me! I was going to eat the whole thing myself because yum! my grandma's apple pie is my absolute favorite, but I decided to be nice & shared it with Josh. And by 'decided to be nice' I mean my waistline would curse me if I ate a whole pie by myself and I thought it best not to make it mad at me. Particularly with more yummy holiday treats in my future.) My mom & my sister & I went to see the new Harry Potter movie which was GOOD. (What's with all the talk that Harry is so hot in this new movie? I mean, he's Harry. I just can't see it. Do you?)

And with Thanksgiving come & gone, the countdown to Ski Vacation: Vermont has begun!!! Josh & I are going to Vermont skiing with some friends over Christmas. Which? Yeah! So excited. And also? So NERVOUS. I have only skiied here in Michigan which has hills. Vermont has mountains. You see the difference right? Mountains. But, everyone has reassured me that it will be no big deal - they have easier runs & instead of spending all of my time on the chair lift a la Michigan, I will spend my time actually skiing. So, yeah! Totally excited! So excited in fact I had to buy myself a new ski coat (it's the pink one.) (Which? It's actually a snowboarding coat. Snowboarding gear is so much cooler than ski gear. And I wish that I could snowboard because it seems so much more bad-ass. But, me & snowboarding? Not so much. That is a story for another time, but let's just say Josh tried to teach me & my butt spent more time on the ground. And a cold, wet bum is no fun.) Oh and I had to buy some new goggles, too. And a new hat. And there are these really cool socks that I might have to get . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

At least you had the techno savy to create this page.

We won't talk about the cell phone thing. ;)

12/08/2005 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home