Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Haaave you met Carley?

So, I have had this blog for about 6 months now and it has really gone, well, nowhere. I started it for myself thinking it would get my creative juices flowing again. And I said to myself, "Self, it really doesn't matter what you write about as long as you write something." But, I really seem to have trouble coming up with things to write about. And I've thought about why and this question came to my mind: Is it possible to be shy on the internet where nobody even knows who you are? And the answer is, apparently I can. I've always been a shy person and it takes a little bit to get to know me. And somehow this blogging thing takes me back to high school where I feel like I won't be cool enough or pretty enough or funny enough or interesting enough. I know, I know. It's really ridiculous to feel this way particularly on the internet. Yet, here I am with my very own blog where I can write anything at all that I want and it really does not matter what anyone thinks and my mind draws a blank because nothing ever seems cool enough or funny enough or interesting enough to write about. And the really funny part is that nobody really reads this. Oh there are a few people who come by on a regular basis (Hi! And thanks!) and I'm sure there are a few people who come by that I don't know about (And hello to you, too!). But, all in all not to many people even read this. So, why oh why do I feel shy about what I write? Oh internet, if I only knew.

And so, today I would like to introduce the following:
Haaave you met Carley? (Quick, name that TV reference!)

To play, all that you need to do is leave me a comment and ask me a question or give me a topic to write about. And this means you - if you are here reading this right now why not leave me a comment? Won't you help me come out of my blogging shell?

3 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

OOOH! OOOH! My favorite game!

Have You Met Ted! (How I Met Your Mother). :D

Questions/Topics-

-What is your earliest childhood memory?

-What is your absolute favorite thing to do?

-How do you take your Ramen noodles?

-Where would you live if you could
live anywhere: money is not an issue.

-What is the one thing you never understood but were afraid to ask?

-What is your biggest pet peeve?

-Boxers or briefs?

3/02/2006 10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what makes carley smile?
what makes carley furious?
what makes carley laugh so hard she pees her pants?
what makes carley carley?
i expect answers to these questions and all the others you receive in another post today or tomorrow...
your faithful reader and friend...

3/02/2006 11:16 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

ok, I stumbled here, and now I feel guilty just leaving without leaving a comment and asking a question. LOL guess it worked!

ummm ok......what is the one thing you want to do b4 you die.

3/02/2006 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home