Wednesday, October 26, 2005

If I leave here tomorrow . . .

So, I recently saw the movie Elizabethtown (Orlando Bloom - yum) with my mom & my sister (who were kind enough to make the long drive up here to the far away land known as northern Michigan to visit me). And in the movie at the end of a funeral service there is a live band that comes out on stage and they play Freebird. That's right, Freebird. You know, that little known rock song by Lynard Skynard? So, I'm just putting it out there now so that my dying wishes are know - I want a live band playing Freebird at my funeral. Who doesn't love Freebird? I mean, it is only one of the most wonderfully cliche rock anthems out there. The pure kitchiness of this song makes me happy. Almost every concert I've been to, there has been someone who shouts from the darkness during that pause between songs when the band is re-grouping "Freebird! Freebird!"

Oh and I don't just want a band playing Freebird, I also want lighters to be passed out to everyone attending the funeral with the following instructions taped to them, "You know what to do."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*snicker*

You want it to be Jewel singing it? Because her distain for that was spectacular.

-bittersweetjaded

10/27/2005 9:18 AM  
Blogger Mama C-ta said...

Aww, I took my son to see that movie at the Reel Moms. I think Free Bird would be great at a funeral, not that I want anyone to have a funeral anytime soon!

10/31/2005 9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orlano sucks, go for somone who does something real (not acting). May I suggest someone in the field of Motocross, snowboarding, hunting, sk8boarding, or any GUY NOT COVERED IN MAKEUP

11/10/2005 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home