Wednesday, October 5, 2005

Just say NO to the nip

Josh & I have two cats, Lily & Wilson. Lily is a sweet, but admittedly weird little calico. And then there's Wilson of whom today's entry is about. Wilson is a big, loveable orange tabby. And by big I mean he has an over abundance of testosterone. When he was a kitten & we took him to the vet like the good parents that we are, they were shocked at how large his, um, 'berries' were (no really, they were shocking). And while he was supposedly to young to be neutered, they ended up being able to do it then & there. (Which really has nothing to do with today's story but, it makes me laugh, so I thought I'd share.)
So, Wilson. He's a cat. Who likes bananas. And by likes I mean bananas cannot be left unattended on the kitchen counter because he will jump on said counter, drag the poor, unsuspecting bananas onto the floor, gnaw through all of the peels, and proceed to eat bits & pieces of the entire bunch (apparently he doesn't like the bruised areas). Also? If a banana is opened by one of us to be eaten? His super sonic cat ears hear this & he comes tearing through the house to beg & plead at your feet for a bite of the banana (no bruised parts please).
Now, the other part to the story is that my friend just took a suicide trip to New Hampshire (and by suicide I mean she left Michigan on a Thursday afternoon, drove to New Hampshire, had some fun in the 'Live Free or Die' state, and was back in Michigan by Monday). She brought back Dr. Pussum's high grade, stem free, organic catnip for the kitties. Apparently, New Hampshire knows how to grow them some catnip because I have never seen Wilson react the way he did when I dropped the bag in front of his face. He took one whiff & it was over. This stuff is kitty krack people. He spent the rest of the night nipped out & he was still at it this morning when I got up. He apparently had the munchies because when I opened a banana to put on my cereal it was all paws flailing through the air & fur flying. Did he want some banana? I'm thinking so. Did he get some banana? Heck yeah. If you had a big, orange tabby flying through the air with kitty krack eyes you'd throw banana at him, too. I'm pretty sure my life depended on it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

I suppose I should have made sure that it was ok to buy medical grade catnip before I did it... ah well. :-)

10/06/2005 9:04 AM  
Blogger Mama C-ta said...

OMG that is some funny stuff. I can't believe your cat likes bananas, never heard of such a thing.

10/06/2005 9:21 AM  
Blogger Ticket 4 Two said...

I've gotta got my hands on some of that Nip people.

10/06/2005 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home